Ideal for players who are coming out of our pre-academy program or recreational soccer - and in need of accelerated skill development prior to entering the rigorous demands competitive club play, this program will provide players with a solid soccer base.
As players develop their skills in Academy, they are promoted to join the competitive program. Some choose not to enter the rigor of competitive play - and simply continue as Academy players.
A big focus of the Academy training program is ball mastery/foot skills development, accelerated gains in soccer knowledge, body mechanics and agility. We put our top skills coaches to work in this program so players progress quickly.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
- Players train two times a week (typically Tu/Th) in the evening for a 60-minute session.
- Although competition matters, the Academy program is about training/development - not games. Academy players are welcome to sign up for other leagues in addition if playing in games is important to them.
- In some cases we build Academy teams that play in the Lifezone soccer league - but this is not a guaranteed provision - or focus of the program.
- We do have a history of moving Academy teams into competitive play. It typically takes 2-4 seasons of training to prepare an Academy group for competitive play.
- Academy players may be invited to train with Lions SC competitive teams in their age group. This is done at coach discretion and designed to boost player development.
- Players who train with a competitive team may be introduced to league play by being "called up" to play on the competitive team from time to time. This must be seen as a well-earned perk and not a guarantee.
- Academy teams are coached by Lions SC staff
- Coaches follow curriculum and strictly focus on technical work
- Coaching is non-intrusive - and sessions mostly consist of play and skills acquisition - with 1/3rd of time dedicated to instruction and mastery
- Instruction takes place with exercises that focus on ball domination
The monthly fee for Academy is $98.75 per month on a month-to-month (no contract) basis.
If your player didn't come through our formal tryout process each May, you can jump into the program at any time during the year. The first 2 sessions you attend are a free trial so contact us to request your free session today.
WHAT PARENTS SAY?
"I had no idea how poor the training in rec. soccer was till I experienced Lions SC. And I was the rec. coach!"
"I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the academy team gelled and become a competitive team."
"Wish we had started our 11 year old in your club a lot earlier in life."
Ready to try a free class?
Send us a note and we'll get you scheduled