The flagship program of Lions SC, this level of play implements skill and tactics in practices and game play. The focus is on functional technique and application of tactics.
Players compete in the local market - primarily the Fox Valley/Randall Road corridor. However, occasional games can reach as far Northwest as Mundeline and as far south as Joliet.
There are 5 divisions of competition in most age groups. Our coaching staff works closely with our Director of Coaching to evaluate talent and identify the division in which our players will get the optimal competition. We never look for divisions where we are guaranteed to win games. We look for divisions where player development and improvement can happen.
Parents are required to agree to the Parent Code of Conduct both on and off the sidelines. Players sign a code of conduct agreement as well.
OUTDOOR: Our dedicated outdoor fields at Plato Park give us excellent access to practice and game fields. Outdoor practices last most of the Fall season (August-November) and Spring season (April - June) - except in the case of inclement weather or lack of sunlight. In those cases, we move to our indoor facility lifezone360.
INDOOR: Lions SC is in the top 5% of Chicagoland area clubs that own their indoor facilities. Our state-of-the-art facility has 40,000 sq. ft. of rubberized turf fields for practices and games. We also have two full-sized court surfaces for technical training and futsal. A 6,000 speed and agility turf area compliments the training surfaces and a 3,000 sq. ft. sports medicine suite staffed with the areas best professionals is there to serve players and families.
- 2-3 training sessions per week (depending on team)
- 10 fall season competitive games
- 8 spring season competitive games
- 10-12 winter season competitive games (depending on team)
- Parisi Speed/Agility training group sessions 2x per month
- 1-2 local tournaments per year. Some teams decide internally to participate in more tournaments and share the cost amongst the families
- All curriculum is designed by our Director of Coaching and delivered by USSF-D or higher licensed professional coaches
- All curriculum is built on our Program-Focus. Player development spans technical, tactical, physical and psychological training. View our Player-development-chart to see where your player's development will occur.
- Three levels of teams include Black (competing in top 2 divisions), Blue (competing in mid-tier divisions) and White (competing in developmental divisions)
The monthly fee for Lions SC competitive team players is $123.00 based on a 12-month payment plan. Discounts are applied for returning players and multi-player families. Partial scholarships are also available through the Lifezone Foundation for families that can clearly demonstrate financial need.
We host formal tryouts in late May of each year but players not contracted with another YSSL/IWSL club during the playing year are welcome to join a regular practice or two - to get to know the coaching staff and players in advance. This interaction also acts as a tryout - giving our coaching staff an opportunity to evaluate the player and identify which program/team is the ideal fit.
SPRING 2017 TEAMS
Lions SC has travel teams in YSSL (boys), NISL (boys) and IWSL (girls) in the following age groups/birth years.
2010/09 - U8 boys and girls
2008 - U9 boys and girls
2007 - U10 boys
2006 - U11 boys
2005 - U12 boys and girls teams
2004/03 - U14 boys
2002 - U15 boys
2000/01 - High school boys
1999/02 - High school girls
WHAT PARENTS SAY?
"No other club has the culture and values of Lions SC. That's why we left another club to join this one."
"My son went from playing division 4 to division 1 in less than 3 years. That's outstanding training."
"Proud to wear the lions patch on my shirt - just like my kid. A classy organization that doesn't waste time on politics and power struggles like other clubs."
Ready to bring your player in for a tryout?
Send us a note and we'll get you scheduled